Valdosta Truck Accident Attorney
Superior Truck Accident Lawyers Serving Clients in Valdosta GA
Our economy is built on the back of the trucking industry, with semis and tractor-trailers moving nearly 70 percent of all freight in the United States, ranging from food, materials, medication, and more. But while we count on the quick and efficient movement of these goods to where they are needed, the need for faster and more often pushes the industry beyond what is safe and lawful. Consequently, trucking accidents can be an unfortunate consequence. A Valdosta truck accident attorney can and will help you.
Collisions Between Passenger Vehicles and Large Trucks
Although motor vehicles must share the road safely, not all motor vehicles are alike. When a collision occurs between a passenger car and a vehicle weighing in excess of 80,000 pounds, the occupants of the smaller car are far more vulnerable to serious injuries and fatalities. And especially when negligence has been a factor, it can be particularly heartbreaking.
If you have been injured in an accident involving a large truck or semi in Georgia, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. A skilled Valdosta truck accident attorney at The Rodd Firm are here to help.
How Truck Accidents Are Different
Because of the size difference in vehicles, a collision between a large truck and a passenger vehicle can be far more devastating in scope. Injuries sustained in truck accidents are often catastrophic or even fatal affecting victims and their families both physically and financially. These injuries sometimes have lifelong health consequences.
Determining responsibility in a trucking accident can be complicated, with many potential points of liability, including
- The truck driver
- The driver’s employer
- The party leasing the truck and/or trailer
- The party responsible for truck maintenance
- The truck manufacturer
Consequently, it is critical to get the assistance of an experienced Valdosta truck accident attorney to ensure that all liable parties are considered in a truck injury claim.
Causes of Truck Accidents
While truck accidents are often caused by the same elements as any other traffic accident, some are inherent to the trucking industry himself. And because the industry is highly regulated, these can become critical components of proving a truck accident claim.
The most common causes of truck accidents in the United States
- Driver error — Truckers put themselves and others on the road at risk when they drive while fatigued, distracted, or impaired. Speeding, driver aggression, and driver inexperience are also common causes of accidents in the trucking industry.
- Lack of appropriate maintenance — Large trucks and semis travel more miles than the typical passenger vehicle every year, requiring significant maintenance and repair. When a truck is not actively and properly maintained, this can put the driver and others on the road at risk.
- Improperly loaded cargo — Cargo that is improperly loaded or secured can cause shifting and imbalance and put the vehicle at risk of rollovers and other accidents.
- FMCSA violations — The FMCSA regulates the trucking industry and imposes many rules to ensure the safety of trucks, truck drivers, and others on the road. Unfortunately, drivers and owners often ignore these rules and regulations and instead prioritize profits.
An Experienced Valdosta Truck Accident Attorney You Can Rely On
Because of the complexity of proving liability in a tractor-trailer accident claim, getting the assistance of a skilled Valdosta truck accident lawyer is critical to ensure that you are fairly and adequately compensated for your injuries.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a large truck or tractor-trailer accident in Georgia, you may be able to collect compensation for your injuries. Contact the Valdosta truck accident lawyers at The Rodd Firm to understand your rights under the law and discuss your legal options. You pay no attorney fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf.